Thursday, August 12, 2010

Surprise Mini Writing Success -- Published by Yahoo! News

Yahoo! News picked up my Illinois sales tax holiday article  Monday. (I came across it the next day.) This article was originally published on Associated Content from Yahoo! (AC). Nifty little confidence booster for the week. The article screen shot will also add more variety to my writing portfolio.

It's a little funny that Yahoo! published this article, though.  I've done a few Yahoo! partner calls via AC. For example: One on the ending of the home-buyer tax credit, which (I assume) was sent back because the credit was extended the day after the article was purchased or it possibly just wasn't a good fit.

Another Yahoo! partner call I completed concerned the unemployment extension. Instead of going to Yahoo!, an offer was made by AC News.

The sales tax holiday piece was not a partner call. The article was an easy regular news assignment I claimed from AC's assignment desk. All it required was to detail my shopping experience and what items I saved on.

So after submitting articles targeted towards Yahoo! I finally make it there--in a round-a-bout way.

Other AC Contributors that have found their way onto Yahoo! sites include Carol Bengle Gilbert, Steven Bryan, Jan Corn and Pam Gaulin.


Graphic from Yahoo! press kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...