Friday, July 15, 2011

'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2' Premiere a Chance to Mix Work and Pleasure

My movie ticket and non-Harry Potter 3D glasses.
Thank you, Harry Potter

Sometimes the universe aligns and I get the opportunity to go to and write about an event I would totally go to for free. So I was so there when I got an assignment to interview Team Potter members at the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2" midnight premiere last night/this morning. I didn't get the nifty Harry 3D glasses like I was hoping for, but still had an entertaining time before, during and after the movie.

I've never been to a show where the audience was so involved in the storyline. Also never watched a movie where the audience was rabid for the show to start. If it hadn't of been for those adorable penguins in the previews soothing us savage wizard-loving Muggles, I'm pretty sure the shouts of "Start the movie!" would have turned into a full-blown riot. After discovering how many people loved the storming of Hogwarts scenes, I'm certain of this.

It was a trip interviewing fans after the show. If it hadn't of been 3 a.m. and me on a deadline, I would have loved to have hung out with them in front of the cinema dishing about Neville, Mrs. Weasley and Harry's kids.

Much gratitude to Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Yahoo! Movies and everyone else that enabled me to have an amazing night while making a buck. It was awesome sauce, better than midnight bingo with cheese fries.

What events have you been excited to attend and got paid too?

Photo credit: Tamara McRill

1 comment:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...