Friday, July 9, 2010

Is Junk Spilling Into Your Writing Space?

My Desk Has Been Buried

Every random odd and end seems to find it's way into my writing space. Doesn't matter if it's a corner of  the living room or my temporary office. If it can be stacked, tossed or haphazardly piled above my head, it will be. It's not even just the fiance's fault. I'm guilty too.

That's what stopped my fuming when my temporary office became storage for everything stashed in the rooms we tore off. How can I complain, when I don't respect my own writing space?  Let's face it--I know that the mess will distract me from writing. I'm well aware that unearthing my desk eats into productive writing time.

I have to stop minimizing the place where I write. Yes, it's a super convenient location for switching laundry loads and feeding the dogs on break. That doesn't make my workspace any less designated or money generating than any other business office.

So I will have to respect my writing space and keep it clean, organized and productive.

What's the messiest space you've ever had to write in?

Could You Write in this Mess?


Photos by Tamara McRill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...