Friday, April 6, 2012

Freelancer Fantasy: A fiction writing vacation

The perfect writing spot: Decatur Street, New Orleans.
Lately my mind has been wistfully conjuring images myself typing away as indifferent strangers pass by with unknown purpose, shrouded in the mystique of a locale that thrives on its crush of humanity.

Now that would be a proper writing vacation.

Not a research-driven mission or peaceful author retreat to gather my thoughts and let them flow into words. No, what my novel needs is the stimulation and inspiration from hundreds of very alive muses. A chaotic energy I can tap into, internalize and channel into a narrative thread. 

Maybe I'm just missing New Orleans.

Where is your favorite place for a writing vacation?

Photo credit: justinsomnica.org/Public Domain/Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...